Hurricane Sandy safety info for Pottstown
Thanks to The Mercury, Roy’s Rants, Warren Holohan of Ink and Essence, and John Armato for all these pieces of info below to help Pottstown residents keep themselves safe. If new info comes to me, I will get it up ASAP. Stay inside and take care!
- Pottstown High School is a Red Cross emergency shelter during the storm. It was open last night and will be open during the emergency. The High School is at 750 N. Washington Street. You can enter at the gym area.
- Christ Episcopal Church at 316 E. High Street near the Farmers’ Market announced it is open for shelter and sanctuary for anyone in need due to protracted loss of electric, flooding or other catastrophes resulting from the storm. Bedding and other essentials have been put into place. Contact Rev. Terry Highland at the church for more details: 610-323-2895.
- In Pottstown, Hanover Street between Third and Fourth Streets has been closed for low tree branches and power lines.
- The Coventry Mall will close at 2 p.m. today.
- However, as of 10:30 a.m., Wal-Mart, K-Mart and Target all planned to remain open throughout the day.
Use this link here to access The Mercury’s regional storm updates as Sandy barrels through.