For those who have been following the development of Pottstown’s Heritage Action Plan or HAP, it’s time to rank the various projects and strategies that have surfaced.
The purpose of a HAP is to inventory and assess our heritage resources – arts, culture, history and recreation – and then come up with a vision and marketing strategy to entice hikers and bikers off the Schuylkill River Trail and into the downtown. We have already identified our resources and are now at the point of prioritizing projects and strategies for the $25,000 we hope to receive in implementation funding from the Schuylkill River Heritage Area in the coming months.
Anyone can participate! We welcome input from all organizations and individuals who care about the revitalization of Pottstown’s downtown. Here’s what to do:
Attached is a TRAIL TOWN COMPONENT RANKING spreadsheet. If you have a few minutes over the next 24 hours, please follow the instructions below and return your rankings by tomorrow, May 11th to ptownHAP@gmail.com.
1. Click on the link above to open the file.
2. Rename file, adding your name, e.g. “REPKOtrailtowncomponentranking.xlsx”
3. Rank each component on a scale of 1 to 10; 1 being extremely important to 10, not important.
4. In the suggested location column, add a suggested location or a comment, if you want.
5. Return the completed ranking form as an attachment in .xlsx or .xls (EXCEL) format by tomorrow, May 11th to ptownHAP@gmail.com.
Thank you in advance for your input and ideas!
If you want to learn more, you can find previous blog posts and discussions here:
https://positivelyptown.com/category/trail-towns-tours/ or check out Pottstown Heritage Action Plan on Facebook.